Please contact Craig Brook National Fish Hatchery to schedule a visit.
We strive to restore freshwater and anadromous fish habitat within Maine Rivers, primarily through “on-the-ground” collaboritive restoration projects.
In 1987, we were created by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service in order to provide liason, coordination, and technical assistance to varying anadromous fish restoration programs in Maine. Located at Craig Brook National Fish Hatchery in East Orland, Maine, we are a vital component of the Maine Fishery Resources Complex.
There are numerous visitor opportunities at Craig Brook including:
- Boat launch and picnic area on Alamoosook Lake
- Boat launch and picnic area on Craig Pond
- Nature trail with interpretive signs
- Indoor Visitor Center with watershed, stewardship and historical themed displays
- Library and Archives (Access by request only)
- Public restrooms
- Atlantic Salmon Flyfishing Museum, operated by the Friends of Craig Brook
- Conference room and meeting facilities