Schooner Mary Day – Now is the time to book your 2016 cruise!
Unplug, unwind and leave your cares ashore. For over 50 years, unique and relaxing tall ship sailing vacations aboard our legendary Maine windjammer, Mary Day! Close to home, closer to heaven!
Schooner Mary Day has offered unique and relaxing tall ship sailing vacations for over 50 years. The legendary Mary Day was the first schooner launched just for windjammer vacation cruises. She was designed and built with your comfort and safety in mind:
- Celebrating over 50 years as the first schooner launched just for windjammer vacation cruises. She was designed and built with your comfort and safety in mind.
- Open, uncluttered decks provide ample space to stretch out and relax.
- Cabins feature windows, skylights, and 9 feet of headroom, for plenty of fresh air. (Tour our accommodations here.)
- The only windjammer with heat in every cabin. The wood-fired heat keeps things dry and wards off the occasional evening chill so you can sail in comfort all season long.
- Delicious “Down-east” fare prepared from scratch and baked to perfection, all in our antique wood-burning cookstove including a lobster picnic on every cruise.
- We are the owners/operators. We are educators with graduate degrees in experiential environmental education. We’ve been sailing Penobscot Bay for three decades and wouldn’t miss sharing this experience with you. We’ll help you get more from your adventure.
- No noisy inboard engine, just pure sails.
- 28 guests, 6 crew, 1 magnificent coastline — and no itinerary! (Suggested minimum age for passengers is 15 years.)
Photograph: Windjammer Mary Day